LATEST NEWS & EVENTS
The NCLA Lottery will be held on April 7th at the Hillcrest Baptist Church's Fellowship Hall, which is located at 9856 McNeil Road, Kernersville, NC. Prospective parents do not need to attend for their child(ren) to be considered; however, they are certainly welcome to do so.
Student names will be randomly drawn by grade levels. The grade level order was established at a random drawing. The schedule for drawing names will be approximately as follows:
- 9:00 to 10:00 am: Grades 2 & 6
- 10:00 to 11:15 am: Kindergarten
- 11:15 am to 12:15 pm: Grades 8 & 3
- 1:00 to 2:00 pm: Grades 4 & 5
- 2:00 to 2:45 pm: Grades 7 & 9
- 2:45 to 3:30 pm: Grades 1 & 10
After the lottery, all parents will be notified via email within 48 hours whether their child was accepted or placed on a waiting list. Those who are accepted will receive an Acceptance Enrollment Form and must return it within two weeks to reserve their child's slot for the 2014-15 school year.
Board of Trustees Meeting Dates for Remainder of 2013-14 Academic Year
The remainder of meeting dates for The NCLA Board of Trustees for 2013-14:
- March 19th, 5:30PM at The Bridge
- May 21st, 5:30PM at The Bridge
- July 16th, 5:30PM (Location TBA)
PowerSchool Link Now Available From The NCLA Website
PowerSchool, the new Student Information System for North Carolina schools, including The North Carolina Leadership Academy, is now linked from The NCLA's website: ncleadership.powerschool.com/public
The NCLA Breaks Ground on New 40 Acre Campus Site!
On January 22nd, The NCLA family, which includes students, families, staff and board members, broke ground on the new 40 acre campus site, located at 4345 High Point Road, Kernersville. Activity is already underway to transform this former farm into one of the top 21st century educational centers in our State and Nation.
Online Application Goes Live on December 15th for New Enrollments 2014-15
The NCLA will open the enrollment for new students with the online application on December 15th, 2013. Open enrollment will continue through March 31st. The lottery will be held on April 7th.
Prospective Student/Parent Meetings - New Enrollments 2014-15
The NCLA will hold several meetings for prospective students/parents for new enrollments for school year 2014-15:
- Monday, January 27: 4:00pm-5:00pm The Bridge Church (1080 Old Greensboro Road, Kernersville)
- Monday, February 24: 6:00pm-7:00pm Main Street Methodist Church (306 South Main St, Kernersville)
- Tuesday, March 18: 6:00pm-7:00pm Deep River Recreation Center (1529 Skeet Club Rd, High Point, NC 27265)